Current user rating: 83/100 (17 votes)
- Drama: Bones of Steel (literal title)
- Romaji: Tetsu no Hone
- Japanese: 鉄の骨
- Director: Kosuke Suzuki
- Writer: Jun Ikeido (novel), Youichi Maekawa
- Network: WOWOW
- Episodes: 5
- Release Date: April 18 - May 16, 2020
- Runtime: Saturday 22:00 - 23:00
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ?
Heita Tomishima (Ryunosuke Kamiki) has worked for a mid-sized construction company for the past 4 years. He is sincere and enjoys working with construction sites. One day, he is transferred to the business affairs department. The role of the business affairs department is to obtain contracts with large organizations like public utilities. The department is jeered by other workers and often referred to as the collusion department. Workers in the business affairs department struggle to win a 200 billion yen public works project. Is collusion a necessary evil? Heita Tomishima agonizes over this question. Nevertheless, he begins to enjoy his work and his company takes the lead in winning the large contract. Meanwhile, a special prosecution team looks into corruption involving politicians and Heita Tomishima becomes a target.
- "Bones of Steel" takes over WOWOW's Saturday 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Pareto's Miscalculation: Caseworker Murder Case."
- Based on novel "Tetsu no Hone" by Jun Ikeido (first published October 8, 2009 by Kodansha). Novel won the "Yoshikawa Eiji Prize for New Writers" and nominated for Naoki Prize.
- Director Kosuke Suzuki & screenwriter Youichi Maekawa previously worked together on Jun Ikeido original novel turned into WOWOW drama series "The Flying Tire."
- Related titles:
- Bones of Steel | Tetsu no Hone (NHK / 2010)
- City of the Sun | Taeyangui Doshi (MBC Drama / 2015)
- Bones of Steel | Tetsu no Hone (WOWOW / 2020)
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers